Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A bit of everything

Hello everyone,

How are you doing?

This post is a bit of everything. First two sketches are some pages of my new Moleskine :) one has the recipes my cousin sends to me every now and then whole the other is a sketch done from our hotel view in Ria Lagartos (beautiful place!).



I have found a good art shop and bought linoleum sheets and made my dad bring my craving kit ;) so i started with some reptiles. An example are these frogs. I bought water based paint, i have not really worked with it, i have always worked with oil based. So I still dont' have a good print to show.



And the final drawing I'm sharing is also one of the reasons it has taken me a bit long to update. Mexico is going to have presidential elections in July and its becoming a very exciting and a very scary happening. Students started a few months back a movement, called "yo soy 132" against televisions that are favoring one candidate and keeping us in the dark about important information. A dirty war has started from right winged candidates agains the left and I really don't know what will happen if any of the two main men win... well we'll just have to wait and see.


6 comments:

  1. I like posts with "bit of everything", and I think you have three very different sketches here and it shows your different sketching styles. I like the frogs, cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes.. very different indeed. I don't know if i should just stick to one style...

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I've visited your blog before, but I have enjoyed scrolling down and seeing all of your wonderful drawings. I like the thick and thin lines together. Anyway, we've been hearing bits about your election in the States. It is a really tough time to be in certain parts of Mexico, I hear, and I wish you all much success in choosing a leader - it could make a big difference for the safety of your people in the future, I expect. I like all the drawings I see here, especially the Yo Soy 132 drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dan- Welcome!
      I feel honored, you're watercolours are incredible!
      I guess we will have to see who makes it. Hopefully it will legitimate... a good change is needed!

      Delete
  3. A very interesting post with some really well-done work. Yes, we've been following your country's election and wish you an outcome that serves you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you nanke! Oh i do hope it will be a good outcome! The country has had enough...

      Delete