Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back in Amsterdam (took long enough)

Yes I'm back at home-base! Amsterdam! Oh I missed you so much!

Sadly coming back home means less time for drawing :S since we're leaving in a few weeks for our long trip to Mexico, there are allot of friends to see! Also my dad came to visit after almost a year, so we've been doing a tour through Holland visiting family.

I did buy a new Moleskine! Which will be my Merida sketch book :) I've been looking around at other blogs for inspiration to decorate. I feel that I am ready for the challenge of a journal-sketchbook-recipe book? Hahaha a bit too much? Well we'll see how that goes ;) My current sketchbook will of course travel with me as well.

Enough talking!
2 drawings today: 1st inspired on these rainy days in the Netherlands, typical of early spring. We went to visit my cousin and his son, who is SO cute. He went to save his football from the rain, but basically just ran from one side of the garden to the other.. hehe.



2nd is more in the general theme of family. When my dad's aunt died she gave me her collections of spoons, and then my grandmother did the same. Spoons you ask?? Yes, little silver spoons which have a typical monument of a town, or a very nice decoration on top. I think they used to be collectable (gotta have them all!). I don't know how many I have, but I really like to use them and think they complement a good tea or coffee cup :P


I wanted to show you the size of the spoon, just so you can appreciate the amount of details in the tiny "city hall".

Thanks again everyone for the loyal comments! Let me know if you have any ideas for a good project.



1 comment:

  1. I love the first drawing, especially because I just came back from shopping and every child I saw looked pretty much like this :). I love those rainy days here in the Netherlands and all the ever smiling people no matter what the weather is like.

    ReplyDelete