Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

And the week just started

At the beginning of this week I had amazing news but at the same time it was the beginning of a chain of events that made me want to hit my head on the table and cry. Thus let me explain:

On Monday at 8am I had my driving exam and passed! When i got home Joost got a call that he has been accepted for the phd he wanted! So happy!

That day I also took my computer to get checked up.. They replaced the thing that was broken and cleaned it. So I got a shiny Mac back :) but when I got home the train wreck started.. My backup hasn't been great apparently. So I lost all my photos of the last 7 years and all my applications. So I don't have Microsoft office or photoshop!


To continue, on Tuesday while visiting the bar where my drawings are hanging, I realized there were 2 missing! One I which I had sold! Drama! Today they called to confirm they did not have them an most probably were stolen.

But even though it was quite horrible, the morning after i realized I had lost my precious photos, I had an enlightening moment: there are far more important things in life. And there are worst things that can happen.


So today I decided to draw the picture I want to leave at the Bar (yes, even though stuff was stolen). I guess it is a "thank you" for giving me a chance,but also for myself a "thank you". I also tried out a new approach of making the drawing more as a "scene" and add depth.


Oh and as a bonus I share my small paintings at my oil painting class! More on that story next time ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment