Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

London Sketches

Its been a while since I've posted something, but mainly because I left for a weekend to London, but i missed my flight on the way back, so had 2 extra days there :P (oh the sacrifice) and then this weekend we drove to Granada.. Busy busy!

Back to serious talk, the sketches i'm posting are what happens when you visit museums and get inspired!
At London we went to the Tate museum for the Picasso expo and then I went tuesday to the Natural History Museum (which is THE BEST) and i was completely taken in by the species-collection the have at the Darwin Centre!!!! I even saw one of the largest squid ever found! And cow eyes, and bats that looked liked dragons and and.. i could go on forever! Everything in a jar of alcohol. Brilliant!

I also took the opportunity to study some insects and try to draw a bird from a picture.
If you ever go to London don't miss this museum! The best part: Its free! haha





   



10 comments:

  1. WOW - those are amazing sketches :) I love the bugs and the bird!!! Also, super envious of a week +2days in London ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful sketches - my fave is the insect page. I would love to go to London, even without the 2 extra days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Yes it is also my fav, hope i can do more with them!

      Delete
  3. these pages are great! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for checking them out! :D a little bit of everything haha

      Delete
  4. Excellent sketches, the V&A just down the road is good too and also free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i know! Saw it while walking from the tube, but they are both so huge! Next time V&A will be the chosen one ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, it sounds like so much fun! And these pages are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sketches! Especially the first drawing,very interesting and quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete