Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NEW JOURNAL!

Thanks to the encouraging comments on last post, i decided to pull up my trousers and begin my new sketch journal!

So here i present to you my 1st Moleskine journal! I still have to finish my recycled paper one, but I think i'll be working happily on both.


OK so i know the foto is not very sharp, but it is still a WIP ;) I decided to decorate it with the two countries I feel most at home and where I've been traveling back and forth for almost my whole life.
Since sometimes I do get a drawing block, i decided to use the EDM list of drawings! So in every 8-10 pages i decided to put a challenge:


Next the first 2 skecthes! Yay!
Many journals i have seen have inspired me allot and since I love food I decided to follow the food-journals for now. I might want to add some real stories on my pictures, but i just don't know if my handwritting would ruin everything.. well that's just me rambling about. 


Lets move on! The first drawing is of my breakfast at my local market here in Merida :) and the second one was made at my favourite lunch place: Cafe Creme (calle 41) its just amazing place! The owner is a very nice french man called Eric and he makes the most delicious salads! (its strange how with so many vegetables and ingredients, you can never find decent salads in Mexico)

Below are the coloured versions. I used water colours and maybe for the quiche drawing i will add some more things. That's what happens with colours.. suddendly white is really WHITE haha. I don't know if colour is my thing, but i guess it does give more life to these food entries ;)











10 comments:

  1. Congrats! Please keep sharing your new sketchbook drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool first entries! I like your neat lines and your handwriting is really great. I think the color versions are perfect as they are, but that's just me :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! My first thought, as I scrolled down, was "those would look brilliant in color!" and then I was rewarded with the color versions. Beautiful! I love your blog background, too, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! And you did great with the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Looking forward for new ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages and the challenge idea is really good too. Everyone has those days when you just can't think what to draw. I like the colored version best but I love color. Yay, you've jumped into your new sketchbook and you didn't botch a page yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep adding your written personal touch. Love your style of line..

    ReplyDelete