Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Heat wave

Hello guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated anything for almost 2 weeks now! (shock) but being back home with family parties and then road trip to our temporary home have taken allot of my time ;)

But we made it to Merida and the house we are renting is truly beautiful and inspiring! Lots of plants and thing to draw!!!

Although the problem is the heat... I have to get used to it in order to sit down and take some time to draw. Hence the quick sketches of today. The lizard is supposed to be an endemic species to Yucatan (fun info for Bas) and the other is just for fun.

I have already a few ideas for drawings and also a project for my friend Star. Will see how it all goes! But surely nex week I will be able to relax into the art!

7 comments:

  1. Nice sketches! And yeah, we're experiencing the heat here in Mississippi as well. But we're blessed with rain last night and just now....heavy rain. And what scares me is that tornado season is....right NOW >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow.. .tornados sound crazy! Hope nothing escalates too much!

      Delete
  2. I love both of these - the lizard is well done and the "getting used to the heat" made me laugh. I'm afraid I'd never get used to it! I think I'd be desperate and crabby all the time! lol nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah.. it takes some time to get used to.. still sweating allot haha

      Delete
  3. Nice sketches. I like the difference between the more real looking lizard versus the caroon lady. You sure got a good expression of being hot into the drawing! Living in Arizona (northern and a bit cooler than Phoenix), I am waiting for the summer heat to hit. It seems late this year which is fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for all your comments! :D glad you're enjoying the drawings!

      Delete
  4. Really great sketching. Fun too.

    ReplyDelete