Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Toh Bird

Hello dear visitors!

First of all, THANK YOU to all your kind comments on last post. It has motivated me to keep on working on the new journal! :)
I seriously think that Blogger should have an easier way to reply to comments. I also notice that if you get a reply you never know.. you have to go back to check it. Or is it just me?

But anyway, today I just have one drawing I want to show you, still part of the old sketchbook (don't want to leave it 1/4 blank) and it's a typical bird from this Maya region and they call it Toh. Its quite beautiful bird, and I was lucky enough to see it casually at some forest ruins.



And now I also want to you some small hand craft proyect I decided to take upon myself. I really want to learn to do Batik, but since its been hard to find the wax i decided to first just play around with some materials and see what I could come up with. I made a small foto series to show you the process. The end product is a funny bean bag, i guess to decorate you table or umm to stop papers flowing away on a windy day... hahaha yeah still have to decide its use.









6 comments:

  1. About blogger: oh, I have enough complaints to share all around...however, it's not hard to respond to comments: just make your own comment! and you should be getting email notifications of comments other people post. If not, check your settings?

    Okay,back to art, sorry about the tangent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Boud! Thank you for your comment (you see i got a notification haha) but what i meant was that if I comment on someone elses blog, i never know if they replied.. i have to go back and check. So i worry that, for example you, will not know i am replying.

      Dont' know if it makes sense and maybe its just me. I will check the settings anyway :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. Oh, sorry, I see now what you meant. Often people reply directly by email to me, which is really nice. But if they just comment on their own blog, I need to check again. Hm. this may mean I've missed some good comments in response to mine...

      Delete
  2. I think if you hit the button at the bottom of the posting page that says Subscribe by email, you will get ANY comment that is left with the drawback being you see what everyone else is saying too but that's not always a drawback.

    For the batik wax, do your stores sell paraffin wax for canning foods? It's a white wax and pretty cheap. It is not flexible like beeswax so it cracks very easily leaving lots of nice places for the dye to get through. It's also used to make candles so it could be at craft or hardware stores. Here in the states we find it in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say I love your bird and beanbag. Keep up the good work. You can have fun showing your Mayan work to friends in Europe and your European drawings to any friends in the Americas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA yes it's true! I can now have a culture swap ;) and I did find the parafin!! Check! I finally decided to use a glass pot since i don't have any cans at home. It worked fine! I will post the result soon. Thank you! It's so much fun to do, and it dries so quickly here, so you don't loose a whole day doing stuff :D

      Delete